Friday, February 6, 2009

It's Coming: The new Gambit movie! Oops, I mean Wolverine...



I know this trailer’s been out for a while, but I only just watched it for the first time.

So, I'm basically happy for three reasons. 1) I love X-Men. I can hardly remember a time when I didn't love X-Men. 2) I love Hugh Jackman. I just think it's so cool that a Broadway man became such an awesome Wolverine. I mean, this is the guy who used to be known for Oklahoma! And finally, 3) I love Gambit.


Okay. I know I’m not the only person out there whose interest in this film stems largely from the fact that Gambit will (finally!) be making an appearance this time around. I guess I can understand him not being included in the first X-Men movies, seeing as how there are zillions of X-verse characters to choose from, and he’s not exactly as central a figure as Wolverine and the others. But, come on, he’s just so cool! He’s definitely a fan favorite, as well as a personal favorite of mine. And then there were rumors of his inclusion in the third installment, which of course came to nothing, and now, finally, here he is! And I gotta admit, he looks pretty damn good. Of course, it could still go very, very badly for his fans. (I mean look at how drastically they changed Rogue, who was a love interest of his for a long time in the comics, in the other three films.) Yet I prefer to remain cautiously optimistic. So now I’m pumped for May!

No comments:

Post a Comment